Thursday, December 28, 2017

The Compost Diet

Yum! Yum!
Ha ha ha! I just realized that my compost eats better than I do. I mean, check it out, you guys. My compost pile only eats fruits, vegetables and whole grains. It prefers organic matter. It completely rejects animal products. OK, it might accept eggshells if I ate eggs. But since it's my compost and I don't eat eggs, we'll probably never know.

Unlike me, my compost doesn't struggle with cheese cravings. It doesn't eat junk food or crave salt and sugar. Yup. My compost not only eats better than I do, it has a stronger willpower. Or maybe my compost, being a natural process, just flows with nature better than I do.

I find it hilarious that my compost is vegan by nature. Especially since I'm going vegan myself. I also find it funny that while I am only 95% vegan to date, my compost, being smarter than I am, has always been 100% vegan.

Now, I don't know what this all means or if it means anything at all. I just find it amusing as all get out. Sometimes there's no lesson and just a good laugh. On the other hand, maybe my compost is taunting me or trying to tell me something. Maybe I should try harder to be 100% on the same diet as my compost.

Ha! Too funny! Thanks for the morning chuckle, compost heap!


No comments:

Post a Comment